Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Military Talk

I think I'm going to make up my own homemaking language. I'm going to speak this language to my husband when he comes home from work giving him no prior training in this strange dialect. I'm going to tell him the intricate details of my day in homemakingeeze and assume he understands exactly what I am talking about and completely disregard any glazed and dazed looks he might have.

My language might go something like this: honey buns, this morning I woke up at a bakers dozen and sifted out the snarles from the snares, then the bear cub had a pb & j at the table while we cammed with memaw and pepaw. We dabbled with down dog before the little monkey destroyed my feng shui. At give me five we brought home the baby bumblebee and snapped a shot for a new post and that's pretty much all I got. What do you think about that?

And when he hesitates with a response, I think I'll complain about how he seems uninterested in my conversation then maybe, just maybe I can get him to stop talking military talk at home, as long as I stop talking homemakingeeze :-)


1 comment:

  1. Very witty post. I get a little weary of the accronymns too, and feel even more sympathetic to my non-military friends when the inevitable happens- and I start using the language too.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what ya think