Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Behind the Uniform

Whenever I drive on base and see a group of soldiers walking down the street I get butterflies in my stomach and think, I am part of that, and I’m proud of it. I may not be in the uniform, but I am behind the uniform, the one cleaning the uniform, feeding the uniform, making sure the uniform feels loved, appreciated, fulfilled.

The moments when I think I’d rather be back home, living in a house a few streets away from the grandparents, I remind myself of the feeling I get when I feel a part of the military family, and then I realize that what I do is important, because if I wasn’t willing to support my soldier by traveling around the world to foreign lands, being a single mom sometimes, or whatever it is, he wouldn’t be the support he needs to be to his Country. And that is the truth!

1 comment:

  1. Libby~ I love this!!!! I also love that you didn't add ironing the uniform. That's one thing I don't do for that uniform. Thank goodness for flight suits!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what ya think