Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The First is Always the Hardest

I think that tonight this statement applies to 2 situations. This first post is hard, because I want to write like you already know who I am (maybe you do) and that requires me making a lot of assumptions. So instead of trying to write some wonderful introduction I'm just going to write a post like I've been blogging for ages (I probably have been in my head anyway). So here we go.

The First Night is Always the Hardest.

Dear Husband (DH) leaves lots. He's a flier, which means his schedule is NEVER predictable or consistent or even remotely logical (at least not to me). When a mission comes up, he gets assigned. Sometimes the missions go, sometimes they don't, and often the times or dates change. Regardless of that, there is one thing I can always count on, the lonely feeling the first night. After my little boy (LB) is put to bed the house is just empty. I hate it. The tooth brush holder looks empty with 1 brush. The bed looks empty with no one in it. My heart feels empty.

By the next morning single mom starts to take over as we adjust to life with DH on the road. I realize that what ever is going to get done is going to have to be done by me. It's nice to have a sense of purpose and keep moving on, even if you feel a little empty. The first night is always the hardest- at least for me.

Do you do something to help you or your kids transition into life without your spouse? What helps you make it through the lonely times?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what ya think