Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Moving Curse

Does this sight seem familiar? This is right across the street from my house. No I don't live on base where people move regularly. I live in a real "local" inhabited neighborhood. DH has told me I have a curse. I think he's right. Every time I become really great friends with someone it seems like they move. Now this is to be expected in the military however we aren't talking years or even a year until they move. It seems like they move within a few months of our friendship growing close.

This friend is extra special because...she is local. That's right. She grew up in the area. She can tell me the best doctors, AC repairman, body shop, restaurant, ect. She is a wealth of knowledge. Oh I will miss her. To top it off, she has a little boy who loves to play with LB. The good news is that at least we were neighbors for a little while and hopefully friends for along time. I hate the moving curse almost as much as I hate moving.

4 comments:

  1. It is sad to see great friends move. I always saw it as a part of military life though- something to accept. However I recently heard a comment from a church leader that surprised me, and changed how I look at our transiant community. He said he prays all the time for good families to move in, and replace the good ones who moved away. I've never thought to pray for something like that. However since he said that to me, four new families have moved in. Three with kids close to my two LG's ages and all four with great women I already love and know will be good friends. Did we get lucky, or are prayers being answered? I've been raised to believe the second is the case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a great idea. I am really excited about this. I was talking to a friend about this same subjectjust the other day. I think this will be a great reminder that we are not alone and that others feel the same way we do. Thanks for putting this together

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! What a great idea! I'll definitely be checking this blog often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. People come into your life for, a reason, a season
    or a lifetime. We never know which it will be.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what ya think